Hexagon Flange Head Thunderbolt - Mechanical Galvanised
Hexagon head thunderbolt with a flange head in a mechanical galvanised finish.
The one and only Thunderbolt is the original self-tapping anchor with the power to be used on a whole range of construction materials, including concrete, stone, brick and block.
The threaded anchor and self-tapping action of Thunderbolt allows for safe anchorage, with the substrate becoming the nut to the bolt - applying a tried and tested method for metals and wood to a broader selection of materials.
Truly versatile, Thunderbolt anchors can be installed nearer to edges and closer together at varying embedment depths, providing a stress-free fixings.
Installation is quick and easy, making it the ideal general purpose anchor, even on temporary jobs as it’s completely removable.
Using standard sized drill bits, the Thunderbolt fixings are a cost effective fix for any job.
How Thunderbolts Work
- Thunderbolts gives a mechanical interlock between construction material and the fixing, with no expansion stress
- Fixes close to the edge and is totally removable Fixes along the entire thread length to enable fixing through hollow sections
- No marking out required, fix straight through your fixture
- Thunderbolt anchors work in concrete, brick, wood, marble, block, stone and more Uses smaller drill bits than traditional bolts and sleeve anchors Independently tested to European standards
- Simply drill a hole the same size as the Thunderbolt into the material.
- Ensure the hole is a little deeper than the bolt to allow for dust - see technical info.
- Remove any loose dust from the hole.
- Screw in the Thunderbolt with a socket wrench.
- Apply a slight downward pressure to start the self-tapping action, as you would with a woodscrew.
- Tighten the Thunderbolt to secure the fixture in place.
Free Royal Mail Delivery. Trust MultiScrew.